Debt Recovery for undisputed sums up to £100,000
1) What work will be undertaken?
Our fees set out in the table below include the following:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a Letter Before Action/Letter of Claim
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim in Court
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the Court to enter Judgement in Default
- When Judgement in Default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within the required number of days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
2) Our fees
Please note that the fees and costs below apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and where enforcement action is not required. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about the costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
||Our estimated fee (excluding VAT)
|Up to £5,000
||£35 – £205
||Up to £1,500
||£1,535 – £1,705
|£5,001 – £10,000
||£1,501 – £2,000
||£1,956 – £2,455
|£10,001 – £50,000
||£500 – £2,500
||£2,001 – £3,000
||£2,501 – £5,500
|£50,001 – £100,000
||£2,500 – £5,000
||£5,501 – £8,001 +
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee may potentially not be reclaimable from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the instruction of a bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Court fees and Counsel’s fees (Barrister’s fees). We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
All disbursements will be in addition to our fees.
3) How long will my matter take?
It usually takes between 6 – 26 weeks from receipt of instructions to undertake the tasks set out above, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default.
If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve and result in additional legal costs to those set out above.
If you have any questions on the above, please feel free to contact us.
+ Read more